Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cyclopies (the plural I would assume of Cyclopes) are generally thought of as giant ugly brutes that could never be assumed to have a brain much larger than the period at the end of this sentence. But how many of us with two fully functional eyes could be described as acting near sighted at times, never focusing on much more than ourselves? (I am not going to be the first fool and say not me, nuuhuh)


Destroying this stereotype (with his lazer vision) came the Marvel character Cyclopes. Dashing, loyal, and civil enough to attract the attention of the super ladies. He could often be found in the fight for justice or just out saving lives. Most importantly when his attention was focused, he could puncture through any barrier.


My date Holly is far from possessing anything thought of as a deformity, nor does she wear matching spandex outfits like the Marvel characters. However, she does posses an exceptional ability to focus her attention, penetrating the hardest of barriers including my brain sometimes. During the course of the evening, I felt that she wanted to be right where she was. The way she engaged in conversation showed me this. She definitely made me feel like a VIP. How incredible would life be if everywhere we went was where we wanted to be. Thank you Holly so much for your time and teaching me that for one, just because you have a focused attention doesnt mean youll burn a hole in someone, and secondly that “ the capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet are you?? Sweet enough to make a girl melt...