Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is amazing, no if ands or buts.Privileged I was to experience one of their annual christmas concerts. The choir's guest that year was Sissel, the Norwegian singer.


I am far from anything resembling a music critic ( I am sure that you have to have some kind of musical talent to be able to do that), but I found myself speechless as Sissel sang. It was clear to everyone watching (no, I wasnt able to do a poll, but you gotta believe me) that as she changed from song to song so did the expressions of her emotions, most apparent in her face. The realization came to me after, that an element of why I found her performance to be so amazing was because the songs she sang were magnified by the emotion she expressed. The combination was uniquely powerful.


My date Robyn is not a Norwegian native, and I havent heard her sing although I am sure it would be an experience to remember. The reason I related my experience at the christmas concert was because the setting in which Robyn and I spent a majority of our time together was a direct reflection of her and her exceptional personality.


Most exceptional was the comfort that I felt. It was no coincidence that we spent a majority of our time on the comfort of a couch in a cafe. My concern was definitely not keeping her entertained nor did I feel bad about my life long struggle of not talking to much about myself. Robyn has one mouth and two ears like everyone one else, but she does well at using her ears twice as much as her mouth. And if there is anyone in doubt of Robyns exceptional personality, she is a teacher. No more needs to be said. A thousand thank yous Robyn.

No comments: