Tuesday, August 24, 2010

English is an art form, with 26 colors to choose from.

I would have to say that one of my absolute favorite paintbrushes or words in the alphabet is -- eclectic. That is probably because I feel it is that word that best describes me. Stipes and polka dots. Classical and Hip Hop music. Surfing and ballroom dancing. Reading and roadbike racing. Well just say that eclectic is how to describe unlikely combinations. Now dont stop reading this post yet, I promise Ill stop talking about myself and talk about my date right...
Conencidentially enough, Jonai is an english major and so in this case also an artist. Her favorite paintbrush or word turned out to be something wonderful-- ferocious. Typically used to describe...well... violence, but if used in an unexpected combination like ferociously friendly, or a ferocious taste for reading, or even a ferociously shy person treasures are unlocked. Such extraordinary descriptions of otherwise ordinary things. Its kind of like a salad, you have to mix things up to get all the flavors. Uncanny is how the use of her favorite word describes the definition of my favorite word... I can't believe I found my WORDMATE! (Jonai, it was just for a sake of play on words and you have no reason to be creeped out, PROMISE.)
It is my opinion that Jonai has an extraordinary talent in drawing out the best in others. The wonderful thing is that this entire blog is entirely opinion based, so I can say anything I want, so take that world and people that only see simplicity in Jonai. Just spend a couple of hours with her and youll eat your words ( for the topics sake, I hope your painting with water colors!) I dont know how you did it Jonai, but you even made me feel extraordinary. I am ferociously thankful to you!!!!

No comments: