Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I havent read a scientific report that proves it, but I would be so bold as to say that once youve meet someones parents its like finding the root word: it gives everything meaning. There was a friend I worked with for a couple of summers. I had plenty of reasons to admire him and a few reasons to pull my hair out. The second summer I stayed in his home and got to know his parents well enough to see where each attribute had come from. It was so insightful.
My date with Michelle was the first time that I had spent time with one of the participants parents. Of course I hardly knew Michelle before the date (other than a little facebook action:) Personally it might do me well to explain the exceptional in the parents. Her father is a humble intellect. (Michelle, your parents are free to call me to receive a clarification if needed, promise) Family tradition is to gather for a sporadic lesson from father ranging from economics, to politics, between the north and south poles, and over the plan of salvation. Thus covering everything under the sun. Yet humble enough to accept input from my sometimes , well, limited understanding.
Mother is a, well, sharp cookie. Sharp for that she takes the time to research into her interests. The little I know about was in nutrition. Children just need cookies sometimes and Mother dishes out!, of course they are nutritious oatmeal cookies, but delicious just the same. She thrives in her duties as a mother.
So to cut to the skinny, Michelle is an exceptional blend of the two. Intelligent chef and a humble nurturer. (Although not in the top ten of the popular compliments, it tops them all on my charts!) Michelle, we'll just say Im going to propose a new item on the Blenders in the Grass menu, cuz you are a wonderful blend.

No comments: