Monday, October 4, 2010

Straight shooter!

Yesterday I had the privilege to participate in the mormon bachelorette. Before you read any further I would invite you to visit the blog if you haven t already: http://themormonbachelorette.blogspot.com/

My personal feelings are that Aubrey got it right on as to the interpretation of how the date went and what the most significant parts were. IT was a straight shot if you will. HOWEVER it wasnt Aubery that fired the gun and Aubery wasnt the target either. I pulled the trigger and it was aimed at my foot!
Upon telling Aubrey about this blog she asked me the question, "is your blog an experiment or is the goal to find true mormon love?" And that is when I pulled the trigger, aiming at my foot and responded, "Weeelllll....". KABOOM!
Winston Churchill wrote that "to every man there comes a time in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered that chance to do a very special thing...what a challenge if that moment finds him unprepared..." I was tapped and I choked!
By that simple pause I undermined all that Ive strived to learned in my brief life's experience. Every person is born with an infinite price tag attached to them. Experiments belong in the labs and should never be done with humans, especially their emotions. If there is anyone that had felt that way in regards to how Ive treated them please accept my honest apology. I pray that my conduct toward everyone I meet, which might be you the reader someday, will reflect the idealogy that C.S. Lewis expressed when he said "but it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit-immortal horrors or everlasting splendors...next to the blessed sacrament, your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses...for in him also Christ... is truly hidden."
I hope that I have once again been a straight shooter, this time in the expression of my feelings. Aubrey, you are justified in your decision to "maybe" wait until you read my blog to decide if I deserve a second. I dont blame you if side with jack johnson in that "maybe always means no."
And last but definitely not least is what I found to be exceptional about Aubrey. Per my video response, I would first like to say how committed she is. This is NO SMALL TASK. Soo many guys with soo many behind the scene productions to make. Wonderfully committed. Beautiful, energetic, spiritual, and most of all kind make her as stated earlier, an everlasting splendor. Thank you so much for your time Aubrey.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

i for one did not feel like a mere experiment and getting to know you has been an absolute delight! :) You are a genuine and kind person… even if you never wrote that blog about our date!!!! (insert angry face here) haha ;)

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ok Rudd, this is funny. I saw the mormon bachelorette from a friends blog and then all the sudden there is your name. You are indeed one of a kind. I'm pretty sure the girl who ends up with you will be one lucky girl. Ok I have to go call Ryan now so he can watch. He misses you:) I will definitely be following your journey...